General data protection register
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data I collect from you, or that you provide to me, will be held or processed by me. Please read the following carefully to understand my practices regarding your personal data and how I will treat it.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation, and any applicable legislations, the data controller is Clive Cooke.
WHY DO I COLLECT SPECIFIC DATA?
- To process any orders made on my website or through other purchase routes
- Your details may be passed on to a third party as a part of a partnership/offer but you will be made aware of this at point of booking. This will only be if part of a joint promotion.
- To respond to my queries, refund requests and complaints
- To administer any of our prize draws or competitions which you enter, based on your consent given at the time of entering
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
I may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to monitor website performance. This is statistical data about my users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual. For the same reason, I may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help me to improve my site and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
They enable me:
- To estimate my audience size and usage pattern
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow me to customise my site according to your individual interests
- To speed up your searches; and
WHERE I STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Where I have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. I ask you not to share a password with anyone. If you believe, or reasonably suspect, that your password is known to someone else, you should immediately inform me so that I can take the appropriate action.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although I will do my best to protect your personal data, I cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to my site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once I have received your information, I will use my best endeavours and strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
I use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from my site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from me or which I feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To carry out my obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and me and to enable me to provide you with the best service possible
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- To provide access to privileged and/or restricted areas of my site and to provide you with additional information relevant to you
- To notify you about changes to my service, and to monitor and improve my site. I may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and I or they may contact you about these by email, post or telephone. If you are an existing customer, I will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which are the subject of a previous sale made to you. If you are a new customer, and where I permit selected third parties to use your data, I, or they, will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want me to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form.
THIRD PARTY ADVERTISINGS
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
I may disclose your personal information to third parties on the following basis: If it is necessary to do so in order to adequately provide the services to you;
- In the event that I sell or buy any business or assets, in which case I may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
You have the right to ask me not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. I will always inform you (before collecting your data) if I intend to use your data for such purposes or if I intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms I use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting me at firstname.lastname@example.org
My site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of partner networks. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these have their own privacy policies and that I do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The regulation gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
DATA PROTECTION REGISTRATION
In the UK, I operate, and am registered, in accordance with the applicable data protection legislation.
You always have the right to opt-out of subscribing to my emails and communications by utilising the unsubscribe button appending communications. Additionally if you wish to opt-out, please send an email requesting to unsubscribe to email@example.com